Sunday, June 5, 2016

Jerusalem's true 'importance' in Islam

How important is Jerusalem for Islam?
How often is Jerusalem mentioned in the Quran?

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_opinion.php?id=16309

We know that Jerusalem is the number one place for
the Jewish people and is mentioned numerous time
in the Old Testament (Tanakh), as well as in the
New Testament scriptures.

We know that both the first temple and the second
temple was situated in Jerusalem and on the today´s
templemount.

Can this be why Jerusalem is so interesting to Islam -
this religion do not want Jews to be in, and to cele-
brate their religion in, the Middle East?
---------------------------------

Just a few days ago I actually visited the Templemount
in Jerusalem. During finding my way there, I came to
talk with a muslim man and I then mentioned "the
Tempemount". He looked at me, became very straight
and he said; there is nothing such as a Templemount.
The place is a holy place for Islam, with the Dome of
Rocks on. End of discussion.

I was happy for that I during the few minutes I spared
on the Templemount (before they suddenly closed the
area for tourists /non-muslims) I was able to give my
testimony to a young muslim on the square right be-
fore the Dome of Rocks.

Björn Hellman


No comments:

Post a Comment