Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Thank You for a Life - Kris Kristofferson tribute to Wife & God

Thank you for a life that I'd call happyOverlooking all that we've been throughWhen it comes to loving I've been luckyEverything I am, I owe to you
Thank you for the little girls you gave meThank you for them bouncing baby boysThank you for the sadness that you saved me from the madness, babyAll I'm crying now are tears of joy
Thank you for that burning sun that's risingGolden in the air that smells so sweetThank you for that empty far horizonThat opens to a new eternity
You know I'm grateful for the freedomAnd the chancesAnd every little piece of sweetnessThat I've known
And I'm grateful for the justiceAnd the mercyAnd all the truth and beautyI've been shown
So thank you for a life that I'd call happyOverlooking all that we've been throughWhen it comes to loving I've been luckyEverything I am, I owe to you

Songwriter: Kris Kristofferson








No comments:

Post a Comment