Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Bob Dylan - Precious Angel (Official Audio)

Precious angel, under the sunHow was I to know you'd be the oneTo show me I was blinded, to show me I was goneHow weak was the foundation I was standing upon ?
Now this spiritual warfare, flesh and blood breaking downYa either got faith or ya got unbelief and there ain't no neutral groundThe enemy is subtle, how be it we are deceivedWhith the truth's in our hearts and we still don't believe ?
Shine you light, shine your light on meShine you light, shine your light on meShine you light, shine your light on meYa know I just can´t make it by myselfI'm a little too blind to see.
My so called friends have fallen under a spellThey look me squarely in the eye and they say, "Well, all is well'"Can they imagine the darkness that will fall from on highWhen men will ask God to kill them and they won't be able to die.



Sister, let me tell you about a vision that I sawYou were drawing water through your husband, you were suffering under the lawYou were telling him about Buddha, telling him about Mohammed in one breathYou never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal's death.
Shine you light, shine your light on meShine you light, shine your light on meShine you light, shine your light on meYa know I just can´t make it by myselfI'm a little too blind to see.
Precious angel, you believe me when I sayWhat God has given to us no man can take awayWe are covered in blood girl, you know our forefathers were slavesLet us hope they've found mercy in their bone-filled graves.
You're the queen of my flesh, girl, you're my woman, you're my delightYou're the lamp of my soul, girl, and you torch up the nightBut there's violence in the eyes, girl, so let us not be enticedOn the way out of Egypt, through Etiopia, to the judgement hall of Christ.
Shine you light, shine your light on meShine you light, shine your light on meShine you light, shine your light on meYa know I just couldn't make it by myselfI'm a little too blind to see.

Music & Lyrics Bob Dylan





No comments:

Post a Comment